Commitments can help you stick to your resolutions. The commitments feature lets you set a weekly fitness goal and follow the progress made towards it. Week after week.
A commitment could be "I want to walk to burn 3400 kcal a week" or "I want to run 20 km a week" or you could try to reach both goals at the same time.
Friends can be great motivators in the process of reaching your goals. You can add friends as motivators for your commitments. Your motivators will be able to follow your progress in their app on a daily basis and help you stick to your resolution.
Motivators can also give you feedback on your progress using comments and smileys and help you to reach your goal.
The commitments feature is currently available in the iOS (app version 9.7 or higher) and the Android (app version 10.7 or higher) app.
How to get started:
- To make your commitment, tap on the Commitments tab in the Endomondo app menu. If it’s your first time “committing”, you’ll land on the Make a Commitment screen. (If you’re already a commitment whiz, you’ll see a list of your Commitments instead).
- From the “Make a Commitment” screen, you can tap on the button to create one, and then choose to enter your goal type – distance, number of workouts, duration or calories and choose how much or how far you want go. After that, select your sports (if you want to choose all sports, just deselect the default sport – running)
- For Android: Click Commit to this -> Now you will have the option to invite your Endomondo friends to be motivators. -> Click invite and select your motivators from your friends list. After that, just click the button to save your commitment. You can also add motivators later on (click on your commitment and click edit ).
- For iPhone: Click "I can do it!" -> click on your commitment -> click edit -> click the "+" -> select your motivators from your friends list.
- Now you can start tracking your goals! All workouts that fits the goal of your commitment will automatically be counted.
- To check the progression of your friends commitments just click the friends button on the main commitments page. Click on your friends commitment to see previous weeks or to add comments or rate their performance with smileys.
From the commitments page you can always edit, pause or delete your commitments.
Kindly note that the commitments feature is only available in the apps.