As a free user you will be able to listen to the readings of your current:
Premium, PRO and PLUS users also can customize what feedback you are getting in the app by going to Settings > Audio Settings. You can choose between the following feedback:
- Lap time (speed/pace)
- Average speed/pace
- Heart rate
- Average heart rate
- Cadence (Android only)
- Average cadence (Android only)
- Estimated finish time
- Estimated finish time is based on the speed on your last kilometer and is only available if you have set a goal
Audio Coach is available for Android, iPhone, Blackberry and Windows Phone.
On Android, iPhone and BlackBerry 10 you need to have a text-to-speech engine installed (this is installed on most phones, but a few phones might ask you to install one).
For BlackBerry 4.3-7.0 and Windows Phone we send the audio cues through your data connection while you’re tracking, so you need to be online while tracking on those platforms, if you want the audio feedback.
On the iPhone, Android, Windows Phone, and BlackBerry 10 app you can specify how often you receive feedback based on either distance or duration (only Premium, PRO and PLUS users)
Audio Coach is available in English, Danish, Spanish, Italian, French, German, and Japanese. If any of these languages are missing from the app, then please follow these steps: Go to your Iphone Settings > General > Accessibility > VoiceOver > Speech > Tap Add New Language and then install missing language.
Audio Coach is only available in English.
Android and BlackBerry 10
The Endomondo app supports English, Spanish, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Danish, Norwegian, Swedish, Finnish, Dutch and Polish. If the Audio Coach is not providing you Audio Feedback and the Audio Coach has been activated in the App, then please make sure that is has also been activated on the phone by following these steps (Android only): Go to your Android Phone Settings > Language & Input > Speech > Text to Speech Output > Google Text-to-Speech engine (has to be selected)
Some of these languages are not available as free voices from Google, so you might have to purchase them from SVOX. In the app you will be guided on how to do that.
Audio Coach is available in English, German, Italian, Polish, Portuguese and Spanish. You need to install the language first and there are a few accent options.
Interval Training and Training Plans
The training plan workouts are based on our interval software, so the audio coach works the same way for interval training and training plans.
Frequency and content of the audio feedback depends on how long the particular interval is. The basic rules are the following:
- If the interval is shorter than 100m (0,1mile) or 30s: There is no additional Audio Coach feedback
- If the interval is between 100m-1km (0,1-1mile) or 30s-5min: You will get feedback on the remaining distance or duration and split pace during the interval. Example: When you have a 600m interval, you will hear the Audio Coach every 200m telling you the remaining distance and the split pace.
- If the interval is longer than 1km (1mile) or 5min: Your Audio Coach settings will apply. If your planned workout includes such interval, make sure you access your Audio Coach settings and pick what feedback you would like to hear. Example: If it’s a duration based 10min interval, you can customize your Audio Coach settings to hear your lap pace and heart-rate every minute (or any other option available).
Please note that these rules only apply on iPhone and Android. On other platforms you will get the normal audio coach feedback.