- Posting workouts to Facebook Timeline
- Visibility of workout in News Feed
- Troubleshooting – workouts not being posted
- Troubleshooting – workouts being posted to wrong Facebook profile
- Troubleshooting - Authentication
- Privacy Settings of the post and map visibility
- Re-posting a workout after deleting it from Facebook
- Units displayed on Endomondo posts
- Posting challenges to Facebook Timeline
Posting workouts to Facebook Timeline
Website: After pairing with Facebook via the Connect Settings (https://www.endomondo.com/settings/connect) to share your workouts to Facebook, you can do so by pressing the ‘Share’ button on the particular workout page for any individual workout.
It is also possible to share individual workouts from the application.
Please note that Automatic sharing is no longer available on the Endomondo platform.
After you have finished the workout and are on the workout overview screen, tap the icon with the box and arrow to bring up the Social Content Screen and tap the Facebook icon.
After you have finished the workout and are on the workout overview screen, scroll down to see the social sharing options and tap the Facebook icon.
Please note that the workout should not be private, should not be tracked in the future, should have distance or duration (not 0). Also, at the moment only running, walking and cycling workouts will include the map.
Please note that if you add photos to your workout, only the first photo will be shown next to the map up on Facebook. If you or your Facebook friends want to see the stats of the workout you have to click on the link and you will be sent to the workout on www.endomondo.com.
As for your friends’ Facebook news feed, Facebook chooses which of your posts are “interesting” and such posts are visible in your friends’ newsfeed (read more about how the newsfeed works here). If it doesn't show up in your friends' newsfeed it will show up in their "ticker", but this is just for a short time (read more about the ticker here). The more comments a workout gets, the more probable it is that it will become "interesting" and be shown in more of your friends' newsfeed.
To make sure that a workout will be visible on your profile/timeline and friends’ newsfeed, you can do a manual post. By copying the workout link/url (click Share on the workout and copy the unique link shown) and paste it into a new Facebook post along with a personal text. This way the post will be treated as an “interesting” post by Facebook and show up like any other Facebook post you do.
At the moment the Facebook app for mobile phones doesn’t show workouts on the profile, as these are not seen as “interesting” in the app, even though people have commented on the workout. But your workouts will still show up in your friends’ newsfeed if they view it from a mobile phone.
Troubleshooting – workouts not being posted
Start by checking your activity log. (If it doesn't help, read further below how to repair your Endomondo account with FB). You can control what is visible by going to ‘Activity Log’ on your Timeline and selecting one of these options: ‘Shown on Timeline’, ‘Allowed on Timeline’, ‘Hidden from Timeline’. Read more about how the Timeline works here.
My workouts are not being posted to Timeline at all! (I already checked my ‘Activity Log’)
The best solution is to reset the pairing between your Endomondo profile and Facebook account – make sure you open both websites in the same browser. Follow these steps:
- Log in to your profile on endomondo.com, go to Settings (upper right corner), click on Connect, uncheck the 'Share to Timeline' (if checked). Stay logged in on Endomondo
- Log into your Facebook account, and remove the Endomondo app: Access Settings icon in top right corner > Privacy Settings > Apps > Endomondo (Edit) > Remove App
- Go back to www.endomondo.com and go to Settings > Connect and re-check the ‘Share to Timeline’ and 'Workouts tracked'
- Log in to your Endomondo profile, go to Settings (upper right corner), click on Connect, uncheck the 'Share to Timeline'. Stay logged in on Endomondo
- Open a new tab and open Facebook - make sure you open it in the same browser as Endomondo
- Log into the Facebook where your workouts are being posted. Click the Settings icon in top right corner > Privacy Settings > Apps > Endomondo > Remove App
- Log out of the current Facebook account and log into the Facebook account you want to post your workouts to
- Now go back to the tab where you are logged into Endomondo and check 'Share to Timeline' and 'Workouts tracked'
Please make sure that you have a valid email address linked to your Facebook account as this may cause an 'Authentication Error' when trying to log in with Facebook on Endomondo.
You can also control the privacy of all Endomondo Timeline posts on Facebook, by going to Facebook > Settings icon in top right corner > Account Settings > App > Endomondo. Under "Posts on your behalf" you can choose among a number of options - you can even select a custom list of Facebook friends.
You can also edit the Privacy Settings on www.endomondo.com. Go to Settings > Privacy. At the bottom you'll find ”I prefer to control who can see the map for my workouts. This should be visible to”:
- Friends: The Timeline post will appear with a map.
- Only me: The Timeline post will appear with an empty map (blue sea).
Re-posting a workout after deleting it from Facebook
The only current way to do this is to make a copy of the workout on your Endomondo profile on www.endomondo.com and then share the new workout. In order to make a copy, go to the workout -> Click the arrow icon (v) (above the map) -> Export -> Export as .tcx -> Save the workout on your computer.
Hit "Add workout" at the top of the Endomondo page -> Hit "import from file" -> Select the file you just exported.
That will create a new workout, that you can share to Facebook.
Units displayed on Endomondo posts
Units visible for Endomondo posts will follow your Facebook language settings. E.g. if you set your language settings to English (UK), the units will show in Metric (kilometers) and if you set it to English (US), the units will show in Imperial (miles).
The default setting is that when you join or create a public challenge, it will be shared on your Timeline - if you have had Auto-Posting to Timeline on.
On your timeline will be visible: Challenge Title, Image, Goal, Prize and the first 160 characters of the "More info" from a particular challenge page. Private challenges are not shared.
You can disable sharing of challenges by unchecking the box ‘Challenges joined and created’.