Listed below are the devices we currently support.
iPhone and Android
- Pebble (iPhone)
To install Endomondo on your SmartWatch 3, please follow these instructions:
- Pair the SmartWatch with your phone. If possible, install/upgrade your Smart Connect app from Google Play Store
- On your phone turn bluetooth on in the settings (don't search for the device yet)
- Turn the SmartWatch off
- Turn the SmartWatch on by pressing on the side button for about 5 seconds. When you see the Sony logo on the screen keep the button pressed until you see the screen indicating the SmartWatch is now discoverable. (Watch and phone icons with arrows in between)
- Scan for bluetooth devices on your phone. (Phone Settings > Wireless and Network > Bluetooth Settings > Scan Devices)
- Choose SmartWatch when it appears on the list. It will then display a number on both the phone and on the SmartWatch. Accept on both the phone and on the SmartWatch
- If possible, install/upgrade the SmartWatch app also
- Open the Smart Connect. By default, Smart Connect has a few accessories. The SmartWatch should appear on the list if it has been installed (step 3)
- Choose SmartWatch
- Choose Applications and Settings. Tap on Usage Tips to familiarize with how the SmartWatch works
- Choose Applications
- Make sure that Endomondo Sports Tracker has been installed and enabled
- Turn on the SmartWatch by double tapping on the touch display
- Select the menu by tapping once on the clock
- Swipe upwards to access the apps on the SmartWatch. Pinch or use two fingers to get out of other apps
- Choose Endomondo
How to use Endomondo on your SmartWatch:
- After the splash screen has finished (1-3 seconds), start the workout by tapping once on the play button on the center of the screen
- Change between the 3 different workout screens by swiping horizontally. These screens will show a) Distance and Duration, b) Speed or Pace (depending of the sport) and c) Heart Rate (if you wear a HR monitor). The data on these screens cannot be changed and the units will be as in the app
- To pause the workout, tap once on the pause button in the center
- Resume or Stop the workout by tapping once on the Play or Stop buttons respectively
If you stopped the workout in step 2, you can go back to the workout screen by pressing back in the bottom left corner.
Gear Fit 2
For more information on how you can connect your Samsung Gear Fit 2 with Endomondo, please click here.
Gear S2 and S3
For more information on how you can connect your Samsung Gear S2 and S3 with Endomondo, please click here.
When using a Samsung Gear Fit, you just need to download Gear Fit Manager app to your phone and pair it with the device. Then, download the latest version of our Endomondo Android app or update your current version and it will automatically get recognized in your Gear Fit – when you tap on “App Connect” on the Gear Fit, you should see Endomondo among the options.
It is not possible for Endomondo to access heart rate data from the Gear Fit. To view heart rate data, you must connect a hear rate belt to Endomondo.
To use Endomondo on your Gear 2, you need to download the Gear 2 Endomondo app from the "Gear Manager" app store on your Samsung phone.
The app on your Gear 2 can only link to the Free version of the Endomondo app. If you are an Endomondo Pro user, please download the free version of the Endomondo app and log in with the same account that you are using in the Pro app. The free app will recognize your Pro status, and all the Pro features will be available to you in the Free app.
To connect the watch go to the Endomondo app on your phone -> Settings -> Smartwatches and follow the on-screen instructions.
To start, you need to download the Gear Manager app, access Samsung Gear Apps and install the Endomondo Sports Tracker for Gear app.
The app on your Gear S can only link to the Free version of the Endomondo app. If you are an Endomondo Pro user, please download the free version of the Endomondo app and log in with the same account that you are using in the Pro app. The free app will recognize your Pro status, and all the Pro features will be available to you in the Free app.
You can choose 3 page displays which each show 3 different fields. To change these fields, open the Endomondo app on your phone > Settings > Smartwatches. Heart rate can be measured and read by Endomondo, this option can also be disabled.
FYI:In regards to the original Gear devices (Gear 2, Gear S and Gear fit )Please note that after upgrading devices to Android version 7.0 the application for Gear devices may no longer work with Endomondo.
There are several ways to start a workout on Android Wear. You can either:
- Scroll down to the three-dot menu, select the Endomondo app and hit the start button,
- Start the workout on your phone, press the notification you get on your Android Wear when it pops up and swipe to the “Open” button, or
- Use the nifty Voice Activation feature and say “Start Endomondo”, “Start a workout”, “Start a bike ride” or “Start a run”.
On Android Wear, you can swipe between three display pages, and each of them can show up to 2 different stats. To define the stats, access your Endomondo app settings, select “Smartwatches”, and choose Android Wear to define zones on your display.
Android Wear support is included in the free version of our app. For PRO users, when you download the Free version and log in with the account associated with your PRO app, all your PRO features will be automatically unlocked. After having downloaded the Free version and logged in, you can safely delete the PRO version.
Android Wear app offers Heart Rate data support for the Smartwatches that have built-in heart rate monitors (currently Motorola Moto 360 and Samsung Live). To Enable the HR, please access the Endomondo App - Settings - Smartwatches - Android Wear - scroll down and enable HR here.
At the moment we do not support Android Wear 2.0
FYI:We are in the process of phasing out the support for Pebble watches and therefore Pebble devices will not work with the Endomondo platform after updating the application to version 18.1.3 or up.
You can use your Pebble Smart Watch with the Endomondo app on iPhone 4S and higher.
Please note that we currently do not support Pebble Time Round and Pebble 2.
Please note that Pebble have decided to shut down their business (December 2016) - more info here. Endomondo will continue to support Pebble Watches, but we will not submit any new updates or bug fixes to our Pebble integration.
Endomondo’s app for Pebble allows you to start, pause or stop a workout while exercising. The app can also display up to three configurable data metrics, such as distance traveled, heart rate and workout duration.
- Turn on Bluetooth on your Pebble Smartwatch(Settings --> Bluetooth)
- Go to the general iPhone settings and select "Bluetooth". Enable Bluetooth and wait for the iPhone to find your Pebble Smart Watch. When your iPhone have found your Pebble Smart watch click the “Pebble XXXX” device on the device list. You will now be asked to accept the pairing. You will have to accept the pairing on both your iPhone and on your Pebble Smart Watch.
- Now you will be asked to allow the Pebble app to communicate with the Pebble Smart Watch. Click “Allow”
- If you don’t already have the Pebble app installed on your iPhone, you will asked to install the Pebble app from Apple App Store.
- Open the Pebble app and download the "Endomondo Pebble app" to your Pebble Smartwatch.
- When the Endomondo app have been installed on your Pebble Smart Watch you can close the Pebble app and open the Endomondo app.
- Go to “Settings” --> “Pebble” and select your Pebble Smart Watch from the list.
- When you have selected your Pebble Smart Watch you will be able to configure the three display zones on the watch screen. Tab one of the fields and select the data metric from the drop list.
- Now your are ready to use your Pebble Smart Watch together with the Endomondo iPhone app.
How to use your Pebble Smart Watch with the Endomondo Iphone app
- Please launch the Endomondo App on your phone.
- To start a workout simply click the center button(start/play button) on the right side of the watch. On Pebble Time please tap the center button twice.
- To pause your workout click the start/play button.
- To resume your workout click the start/play button.
- To finish your workout first click the start/play button and then the upper right button(stop button) on the right side of the watch. Your workout will now be saved on Endomondo
- If you want to add "social content"(tag friends, #tag gear, add pictures and text) to your workout after you have stopped your workout using the buttons on the Smart Watch please go to the "history" page, select the workout and click the social content button.
- If you want to add "social content"(tag friends, #tag gear, add pictures and text) without having to go to the "history" page after you have finished the workout just click the "pause" button on your Pebble watch and then the "stop" button in the Endomondo app on your iPhone.
During your workout the Endomondo app vibrates Pebble smartwatches for each mile or kilometer completed, and will briefly display a performance summary for the distance.