We are now compatible with your Samsung Gear Fit2 device! To get started, please head to your Google Play Store to download the latest version of the Endomondo app for your phone. Once you have your account setup, go to the Galaxy App Store to download the Samsung Gear app (if not already installed on your phone). Then pair your Samsung Gear Smartwatch with your phone.
NOTE: Please make sure that you do accept the necessary permissions in order to access the GPS from the Gear Fit2.
- Ensure that you have a strong connection to a Wireless network prior to starting the Endomondo app. A WiFi connection is necessary for the first time setup.
- Press the Home button on your Gear Fit2 and scroll down to the Endomondo app.
- If Endomondo is not properly installed on your phone, a prompt will display giving you the option to download the application.
- If this is your first time setting up, a prompt will appear asking you to sign-in to your Endomondo account. Select "Accept" on your phone and you are ready to go!
- NOTE: If you do not fully complete your profile prior to your first workout, the next time you open the app you may receive a "Check your network connection" error. Ensure that you have your phone with you and are on a WiFi connection to finish completing your profile setup. This process should not take longer than a few minutes.
Working Out with Endomondo on the Gear Fit2
After setup is complete, the pre-record screen will appear. Here you can select the activity type, see GPS signal strength, and start workout. Activity types available:Outdoor Run, Outdoor Walk, Hike, Outdoor Bike Ride, Indoor Run, Indoor Walk, Indoor Bike Ride, Gym (Other).
How can I tell if I have a GPS signal?
Currently, you can see GPS signal strength prior to starting your workout. The GPS location indicator will show in white when ready.
How can I enable the Audio Feedback?
Audio Feedback: Access the Endomondo App - go to settings and enable the Voice Feedback (the language on the phone has to be selected as one of the supported languages below for the Audio Settings to appear on your Gear Fit 2):
Audio Languages - English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish and Chinese Simplified.
- Here you will be able to set up how often you would like to receive audio feedback by either distance or duration (click on the interval option to select the desired option): Once selected, you will be able to enable distance, duration, current pace/speed, avg. pace/speed, split pace/speed and current HR.
How do I view my Heart Rate data while working out?
Easy! Performing a lateral swipe to the left will show you your Heart Rate data which includes current HR, HR zone, avg. HR, max HR, intensity, and Willpower. The color corresponds to which Heart Rate zone you are currently in. We will be incorporating HR into the calories burned for each workout.
How do I pause or save my workout?
In order to pause your workout, select the "back" button once. Select "Finish" to see the workout summary, and scroll to the bottom to Save or Discard workout.
- NOTE: Workouts will be saved locally until a network or WiFi connection is established. If your workout has not uploaded, refresh upload by performing a force kill on the app (hitting the Home button) and relaunching. Upon relaunch your unsynced workouts will attempt to sync to the servers provided that a network or WiFi connection is strong.
Now you can also follow your challenges from the smartwatch.
Access the Endomondo App from the Gear Fit2 and then on the main page you will be able to select to track a workout or access the challenges. Then you will be able to see all the challenges you are participating in and where you are within the ranking when entering the challenge.
Please note that it is not possible to use training plans or interval workouts on the Gear Fit2.
Please note that the Gear Fit 2 app is not supported on iOS.