How to install the Samsung Galaxy Gear app on your iPhone
- Go to the Apple App Store app on your iPhone and download the Samsung Gear S app (if you have a Samsung Gear S2 or S3 device) or the Samsung Gear Fit 2 app (if you have a Samsung Gear Fit 2 device).
- Open the Samsung Gear app and select "Connect New Gear" -> Select your device -> accept the "Terms & Conditions" -> Click "Done" -> Your Samsung Gear device is now paired with your iPhone.
How to install the Endomondo app on your Samsung Gear device
- Open the Galaxy Gear app on your iPhone -> Go to "Settings" -> select "Samsung Galaxy Apps" -> Search for "Endomondo" -> click "Install" -> "Accept and Download" -> Wait for the phone to finish the installation.
How to pair the Endomondo app on your Gear device with the Endomondo app on your iPhone
- Open the Endomondo app on your Samsung Gear device -> this will trigger the Endomondo app on your iPhone to open and launch the pairing screen.
- Click "Start Paring"
- If the pairing is successful you'll see the "Success!" confirmation screen. If the Gear app cannot connect to the iPhone app you'll get the option to retry (please check that the two devices are paired via Bluetooth and that you're logged in on the Endomondo app before you try to pair again).
- You are now ready to track your first workout with the Endomondo app on your Samsung Gear device.
How to track a workout with the Endomondo app on Samsung Gear
Afte the setup is completed, the pre-record screen will appear. Here you can select the activity type, see GPS signal strength, and start a workout.
Activity types available on Gear FIT2: Outdoor Run, Outdoor Walk, Hike, Outdoor Bike Ride, Indoor Run, Indoor Walk, Indoor Bike Ride, Gym (Other).
Activity types available on Samsung Gear S2 & S3: Cross-Country Skiing, Cycling (Sport), Cycling (Transport), Fitness Walking, Golfing, Hiking, Indoor Cycling, Mountain Biking, Other, Roller Skating, Running, Skiing Downhill, Swimming, Treadmill Running, Treadmill Walking, Walking, Weight Training.
- Pick your activity type from the "Select Exercise" option.
- Mark sure that your device has a GPS-fix (green GPS icon).
- Select "Start"
- Three-second countdown will begin
- During your workout, you can view your workout stats on the three workout screens: "distance, duration, pace etc" - " heart rate + heart rate zones" - workout map (only available when using the gear app tethered with the phone).
- For GPS trackable workouts, the stats are as follows: duration, distance, pace, avg. pace, calories
- For non-GPS trackable workouts, the stats are as follows: duration and calories
- In order to pause your workout, select the "back" button once. Select "Finish" to see the workout summary, and scroll to the bottom to Save or Discard workout.
The workout will now be synchronized with your phone app. If you want to leave the app during the upload process, please remember to use the back button to exit the app, not the home button (as this will "kill" the app and interrupt the upload process).
Workouts will be saved locally on the device until a network or WiFi connection is established. If your workout has not uploaded, refresh upload by performing a force kill on the app (hitting the Home button) and relaunching. Upon relaunch your un-synced workouts will attempt to sync to the servers, providing that a network or WiFi connection is strong.
If you want to leave the app during the upload process, please remember to use the back button to exit the app, not the home button (as this will "kill" the app and interrupt the upload process).
Please note that Endomondo currently doesn't support Samsung Gear Fit2 PRO and Samsung Gear Sport on iOS. Support will be added later this year (2017).
Please note that it is not possible to use training plans or interval workouts on the Gear S3 and S2.