To get started, please head to your Google Play Store to download the latest version of the Endomondo app for your phone. Once you have your account setup, go to the Galaxy App Store to download the Samsung Gear app (if not already installed on your phone). Then pair your Samsung Gear smartwatch with your phone.
NOTE: Please make sure that you do accept the necessary permissions in order to access the GPS from the Gear S3 and S2.
- Ensure that you have a strong connection to a Wireless network prior to starting the Endomondo app. A WiFi connection is necessary for the first time setup.
- Once you have paired the watch with your phone, go back to the Galaxy App Store - Gear Tab (you need to scroll the menu at the top in order to view this option) - Type "Endomondo" on the search box - make sure that you have selected the Gear Tab (instead of the phone tab here) and then install.
- If this is your first time setting up, a prompt will appear asking you to sign-in to your Endomondo account. Select "Accept" on your phone and you are ready to go!
Working Out with Endomondo on the Gear S3 and S2
After setup is completed, the pre-record screen will appear. Here you can select the activity type and start the workout. Activity types available: Cross-Country Skiing, Cycling (Sport), Cycling (Transport), Fitness Walking, Golfing, Hiking, Indoor Cycling, Mountain Biking, Other, Roller Skating, Running, Skiing Downhill, Swimming, Treadmill Running, Treadmill Walking, Walking, Weight Training.
How to enable the in built GPS and Audio Feedback?
GPS: Access the Endomondo App - Use the crown wheel on the side of the watch in order to access the settings and enable the GPS here.
Audio Feedback: Access the Endomondo App - use the crown wheel on the side of the watch in order to access the settings option and enable the Audio Feedback (the language on the phone has to be selected as one of the supported languages below for the Audio Settings to appear on your Samsung Gear S2 and S3):
Audio Languages - English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish and Chinese Simplified.
- Here you will be able to set up how often you would like to receive audio feedback by either distance or duration (click on the interval option to select the desired option): Once selected, you will be able to enable distance, duration, current pace/speed, avg. pace/speed, split pace/speed and current HR.
How do I view my Heart Rate data while working out?
Easy! Performing a lateral swipe to the left will show you your Heart Rate data which includes current HR, HR zone, avg. HR, max HR, intensity, and Willpower. The color corresponds to which Heart Rate zone you are currently in. We will be incorporating HR into the calories burned for each workout.
- HR zone 1 = Blue
- HR zone 2 = Green
- HR zone 3 = Yellow
- HR zone 4 = Orange
- HR zone 5 = Red
How do I pause or save my workout?
In order to pause your workout, select the "back" button once. Select "Finish" to see the workout summary, and select to save the workout (if you do not want to save it select discard and confirm).
- NOTE: Workouts will be saved locally until a network or WiFi connection is established. If your workout has not uploaded, refresh upload by performing a force kill on the app (hitting the Home button) and relaunching. Upon relaunch your un-synced workouts will attempt to sync to the servers, providing that a network or WiFi connection is strong.
If you want to leave the app during the upload process, please remember to use the back button to exit the app, not the home button (as this will "kill" the app and interrupt the upload process).
How can I access the map during your workout?
Once the workout has started and the GPS is enabled, you can either touch the screen and slide to the left a couple of times and the map will show. Alternatively, once the workout has started you can use the crown wheel and slide to the right a couple of times until the relevant screen has been reached.
Now you can also follow your challenges from the smartwatch.
Access the Endomondo App - use the crown wheel on the side of the watch in order to access the challenges feature from here. Then you will be able to see all the challenges you are participating on and where you are within the ranking.
Please note that it is not possible to use training plans or interval workouts on the Gear S3 and S2.
Please also note that it's not possible to use the watch app as a viewer for the phone app or vice versa. The Endomondo app for the Samsung Gear device is a standalone app, so the watch app doesn't have any connection to the phone app except for the initial sign in.